PTA Community Survey (DEADLINE EXTENDED – 9/30/23)
The PTA Community Survey is your chance to let the PTA know how we can best serve your interests, and provide feedback on funding priorities, enrichment, fundraising events, meeting topics, and volunteer opportunities.
Do you care about music? Sports? STEM? Do you want to host an amazing social event? Let us know in the survey! It is important that we receive as many responses as possible to help plan for the 2023-24 school year.
Please fill out the form here. All responses are confidential and only aggregate data will be shared.
Put your name down for a volunteer role to be entered into a raffle to win prizes!
PTA Nominations Needed for the October PTA Meeting
We will be holding the Fall PTA elections on Thursday, October 5th
for the following positions:
1. Kindergarten Co-Grade Representative (up to 3 people): Responsibilities include attending monthly Exec Board meetings, setting up grade-wide socials, and forwarding official PTA correspondence from the PTA executive board to K Grade parents. Serve as liaison between K Grade parents and the Exec Board. Lead planning committee for end of year K graduation party.
2. 3rd Co-Grade Representative (1 person): Responsibilities include attending monthly Exec Board meetings, setting up grade-wide socials, and forwarding official PTA correspondence from the PTA executive board to 3rd Grade parents. Serve as liaison between 3rd Grade parents and the Exec Board.
3. Budget Committee Representative (2 per grouping – K-2, 3-5, 6-8): This group meets monthly via Zoom starting mid-school year to discuss the PTA budget for the upcoming school year. The role of budget committee members is to represent the budget priorities and any challenges in the grades they represent, to assist the budget committee co-chairs with the preparation of the budget, and on occasion to coordinate with other PTA executive board members to update particular areas of the budget.
4. Auction Co-Chair (1 person):
Responsibilities include lead organization and execution of online Silent Auction (online fundraiser). Work with the Live Event Auction Chair to support/coordinate activities around the Spring Live Event if needed. Attend monthly Exec Board meetings. Please contact current Auction Chair Aza Benyatov (email@example.com
) if you are interested as the position must run as a co-slate.
NYC Arts & Crafts Market
Sunday, Oct. 1
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Be an insider and shop directly from the artists and makers themselves. This is where to discover and meet over 150 emerging and established independent local artists and craft makers.
Come browse and shop original paintings, photographs, drawings, illustrations, prints, sculptures, and a variety of crafts. No matter if you are a first-time art buyer or a seasoned collector there will be something for everyone’s taste and wallet.
A portion of Grand Bazaar NYC’s revenues are donated to the Anderson school.
Picture Day is on its way! Save the date for Thursday, October 5.
To view our school’s timeline for all Picture Day events, please visit our Picture Day Page at https://iloveschoolpictures.com/PS334.
General PTA Meeting
Thursday, Oct. 5
6:30PM on Zoom
Please join us for the October PTA meeting over Zoom on Thursday, Oct 5th @ 6:30PM.
- Hear from Principal Jodi Hyde
- Presidents’ Report
- EB & SLT Elections
Please email any amazing team/club, individual or school photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to highlight in our next meeting
Coffee and Donuts
Friday, Oct. 6
For those wanting a chance to mingle in person, there will be coffee and donuts on the mornings after evening Zoom meetings. Please join us for a great opportunity to converse with other parents in an informal setting.